Skip to main content
Question

How do I get data from Guestly to one Zap to another to update an invoice in Xero?

• 4 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I want to be able to update an invoice once payment is maid in xero where the invoice is generated. The First zap includes a new or updated reservation in guesty trigger followed by create an invoice in xero with this reservation. 

For the second zap we wanted to use the trigger new payment in xero to update the generated invoice to the amount the customer paid. 

Been trying to solve this for a few days now. But still no luck. since when I put the trigger new payment in xero I need to get the data in guesty from the first zap. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brandinnovate 

Good question.

To help give us more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

Here’s the screenshots of the Zap steps I’m working on for this. As you can see for the new payment zap I tried using call a sub zap because I tried to put a sub zap in the main zap (new/updated reservation in Guesty) trying if the sub zap can let me get the data from the main zap to the second zap (new payment in xero) but with no luck I can’t seem to get the data I need for the second zap to create an invoice after payment is created. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

You may need to log all the Guesty info in a GSheet or Airtable Base to be used by the other Zap using the concept of a lookup table.

In the Zap triggered by Xero New Payment, I believe you want to Update a Sales Invoice.

To do that, you’ll likely need to use the Xero API: https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/accounting/invoices/#put-invoices

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

I’m still trying this, is there another way to do this  without using developer if ever? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

Xero Zap app triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/xero/integrations#triggers-and-actions

I don’t see an available Zap action to update a sales invoice.

Thus the need to use the Xero API.