Best answer

How Do I Get Custom Fields from Go high level CRM their Zapier App - LeadConnector?

• 23 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I recently just got signed up with High Level CRM. I have created custom fields that are specifically for opportunities.

I created a Zap that is triggered by new applications being created in my POS. It captures the usual stuff, name, phone, email etc….and a whole bunch of other stuff like loan amount, property address, note rate, loan term etc… - its for mortgages. I created custom fields for those items as they are not native in the CRM.

My second step is to put the data collected from my POS into the CRM both native and custom fields. The problem is that the LeadConnector app only shows the original native fields and is not populating with my custom fields. So I can’t insert my POS data into them.

I spoke to several reps at Go High Level that say the app should populate with your custom fields but no one can tell me why its not. Finally one said that I had to contact zapier to get that done. 

Can anyone provide any help?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 24 August 2023, 07:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @erickam 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have more context?

Have you tried clicking the [Refresh Fields] button at the bottom of the Action section?

Otherwise, you may have to explore using the HighLevel API: https://help.gohighlevel.com/support/solutions/articles/48001060529-highlevel-api

Zap action: LeadConnector - API Request

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thanks for the response. Yes I am attaching a screen shot of my zap. Its short only 2 steps. the trigger and then passing info to Go High Level. I also have a screen shot of all the custom fields I made. None of which populate in the Lead Connector App.

Ive used Active campaign and sharpspring CRM with Zapier and the zapier app typically just adds the custom fields.

If I have to use the API request you mention what does that entail to pull over custom fields? 

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone and yes, i have smashed the refresh button. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @erickam,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today and it turns out to be a feature request. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

As I understand, you want the custom fields to be pulled in in a Zap. We have an existing feature request to the team in charge of this integration, and I've added you as an interested user.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. I'm afraid I can’t provide an ETA for when this feature might be developed because prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. We will reach out to you via email once we have an update!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Yes you are correct. 

I have used several CRMS and their apps auto-populate any created custom opportunity fields. From there I can pass info from my POS into them to update an opportunity in LeadConnector (Go High Level)

This would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Hi there @erickam,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today and it turns out to be a feature request. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

As I understand, you want the custom fields to be pulled in in a Zap. We have an existing feature request to the team in charge of this integration, and I've added you as an interested user.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. I'm afraid I can’t provide an ETA for when this feature might be developed because prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. We will reach out to you via email once we have an update!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Hopefully, this helps!

I’d appreciate it if you could add me to that list for the feature request @ken.a !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Mitch.Capitalize,

I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. While we don’t have an exact timeframe for the feature's implementation. We will let you know via email once there is.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 1

Ironically, I am having the same issue. I don’t understand why this wouldn’t be a native feature. Every other platform automatically syncs custom fields to Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jasonl2004,

I totally get where you're coming from, and I appreciate your feedback. I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

In the meantime, the app creator owns and updates that integration so it may be worth it to reach out to them and let them know you'd like to have that feature added. They do have access to the feature requests in our system, but it always helps if they hear directly from their users as well.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I too, really expected to be able to use/lookup custom fields from HighLevel to use in workflows. Another very interested member here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @Integrity Power! We’ve gone ahead and added you to the list as well. Can’t make any promises around when or if the app’s developers would definitely get this implemented, but we’ll be sure to send you an email once it is! 🙂