Question

How do I get county and state into our CRM as one field instead of two separate fields, from Facebook Lead Ads?

In Facebook Lead Ads we are capturing a County and State in this format: Greenville, SC; however, when it comes into our CRM, it is coming in as 2 separate fields instead of 1. It displays in our CRM as:

Greenville

SC

In doing this, it is also adding to our dropdown list in Lasso which has the choice Greenville, SC. Instead this drop down list now has Greenville and SC as separate choices on the list.

How do I get it to come over seamlessly since the answers being taken in the FBLA form exactly mirror that in my Lasso CRM form?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MHBuilders 

Good question.

For context, we’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured, thanks.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I tried to upload them in order - numbered them instead.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

This is better organized.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MHBuilders 

Take note of the field description.

The field accepts multiple selections.

Multiple selections are delimited with commas.

You can try putting double quotes around the mapped variable to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks so much for looking at this for me. So I would not select my answer from the dropdown box? Not sure how to put “” around the mapped variable? How would I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MHBuilders 

Since you are trying to pass in [CITY], [STATE] the app is interpreting those as 2 values, as indicated in the field description for how multiple values can be passed separated by commas.

For adding the quotes, simply click before/after you have the mapped variable in the field and add static “

NOTE: That may not work, but worth a try.

so like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MHBuilders 

Yes, like that.

Then try testing manually and check in the app to see if that came thru as expected.

Nope...does the same thing, it just puts the “” around the 2 - it still splits them out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MHBuilders 

Ok, then you’d likely have to use an advanced approach to get around this, by using the Lasso API: https://platform.lassocrm.com/api/

This ought to allow for more control with how the data is sent to the Lasso CRM for that field.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help