Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I get a PDF shipping label to attach to my Gmail?

Hi,

I created a zap that automates the ordering process for some of my store’s dropshipping items.

Here is the zap path:

1. Shopify Paid Order - FInds Unique Order ID
  2. Zap Filter: Verifies Item Name and Quantity
  3. Prints Label according to Unique Order ID via Starshipit (Image 1)
  4. Sends Email to Warehouse with Label Attachement from Starshipit (Image 2)

The problem is that starshipit’s label is in BASE64 and when you attach it as mentioned above it converts into text. I’ve tried using a converter between steps 3 and 4, but I cant get it to convert the BASE64 string to come out in pdf, png, or jpeg of the shipping label. (Image 3)

I’m willing to send coffee money to anyone who helps me solve this. :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KOnlineDarren 

Can you post screenshots of what the BASE64 example and issue for more context?

@Troy Tessalone

Yep

Image 1 shows the Zap for Starshipit working. Printing the Shipping label.

Image 2 shows the gmail app attaching said Shipping Label into the attachments for the email ready to send to the warehouse.

Image 3 shows what the shiping label looks like when opened from the e-mail. Which is in BASE64 according to starshipit support.

I tried using a convertapi in-between but am only getting walls of text in PDF, PNG, and JPEG format. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KOnlineDarren 

Not sure the images uploaded correctly, please check.

@Troy Tessalone 

Hi,

I reuploaded them 

The issue is do you know of any BASE64 to Image (PDF, PNG, Any format) app that integrates with zapier? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ikbelkirasan Can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KOnlineDarren 

Check out these related Zapier Community topics:

@Troy Tessalone 

I read the first one and tried it to no avail.

The second one - how would i go about adding the java snippet into the code on zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KOnlineDarren 

Perhaps consider hiring a Zapier Expert to help: https://experts.zapier.com/

@Troy Tessalone 

I sent a request. If I get it fixed I will post the solution here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all! 

I wanted to pop in and mention at the time this was posted, ConvertAPI didn’t support converting files from Base64. To add to that though, Starshipit didn’t support returning a PDF attachment of labels when using the Print Label action. :pensive: 

The good news is Starshipit recently launched a change to their integration updating this and this entire process should be achievable for all Print Label, Print Packing Slip and Manifest actions, including the Base64 conversion. 🎉

Let us know if you were able to get this working, @KOnlineDarren