Question

How do I get a form to collect a new users info and have it create a user in QuickBooks Online?

• 20 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Trying to make a zap that uses a Form (embeded in my website) to collect: First and Last Names, Mobile Email address, Physicall addrss, Notes, and have it connect to quickbooks online and create a new user filling in the collected info, and then send an email that a client had been created. I tried using google forms, but I get lost at the Quickbooks section, It keeps wanting me to collet the full name, but later down the list it allows for first and last name. Which should I use? I dont’ want my clients to have to enter thier name twice.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rick Patin 

Good question.

Please clarify which QBO Zap action you are trying to use with screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

I did some screen shots. Basically I’m trying to get my google form (google form.png) to capture the info and zap it over to quickbooks (quickbooks New Customer.png) and create the user. On the quickbooks form the area “Customer display name” is selected from the alreaady entered info above it. After doing so, send an email to let me know I have a cusoter request.

Userlevel 1

Where I think I’m getting stuck is I dont quite understand the Action fields. Also the action field is forcing the “Full Name” and all I want is the first and last to push over to quickbooks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rick Patin 

The screenshots didn’t attach to your post.

Userlevel 1

HEre they are

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, if you click on the fields you will be able to map the data in the quickbook action on Zapier. 

After you map the data into different fields, you test the action at next step. You'll see the new customer in Quickbooks.

See this tutorial : https://youtu.be/SyLhmkXKCtg 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rick Patin 

You can use the ‘Custom’ mapping option to make dynamic variables between Zap steps.

Help article to reference: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496257774221