Question

How do I get a custom dropdown field and a file attachment from ClickUp to Slack?

• 27 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m working on a zap that pulls in information from Ciickup Task into an automated Slack message. I’ve configured the zap but am having issues with two areas:

• Type of email field: highlighted in red below

Regarding Type of email field: in ClickUp this is a custom field, dropdown field type (Options are Customer, Partners, Other). 

But when trying to create the zap, I’m not sure which field I should select. I went with Task Custom Field Type of Email Value: 0 but this is giving me numeric values… I want see see either Customer, Partner, or Other.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @erica-prints_of_love! 👋

Ah, it looks as though it’s giving an ID number for the selected option instead of it’s name. In which case you’ll want to set up a lookup table action (Formatter) which takes the value in the Task Custom Field Type Of Email Value field and outputs either Customers, Partners or Other based on the number contained in that field. Assuming that the ClickUp task in your screenshots had the Type of Email set to Customers then you’d need to set up the lookup table to assign the values as follows:

• 0 would be Customers.
  • 1 would be Partners.
  • 2 would be Other

You can learn more about using lookup tables here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Hope that helps. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with this! 🙂