Question

How do I forward Gmails with a specific label to Pocket correctly?

• 10 February 2024
  • 11 replies

I am attempting to forward Gmails with a certain label to Pocket. I’ve managed to get it all set up but when I view it in Pocket I have to sign into Gmail and then it takes me to my entire inbox instead of just those emails with that certain tag. This is the first Zap I’ve ever done so I’m no pro……….

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JennS 

For us to have context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

I apologize I couldn't fit all of the pictures in one reply. I didn't know what to put for URL in "Action" for Pocket. I watched a very brief video that I found that said to copy and paste the URL to the email which is what I did. I think that may be where the issue is but I really have no clue. Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JennS 

Help article about how to configure Zap actions to map dynamic variables between Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Try mapping this field: Message URL

Gmail requires a login to be able to view emails, so if the URL link requires a login to view, then that is dictated by the app the link originates from.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Where would I put the message URL? I currently have it under "Action" in Pocket. Is it not possible to send a single email to pocket without having to sign in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JennS

Is it not possible to send a single email to pocket without having to sign in?

I don’t think so, because to view a link that is a Gmail email, Google requires you to login to that email account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JennS 

As an example, you can use the ‘Custom’ tab when you are configuring a Zap action step field to map a dynamic variable from a previous Zap step.

I see. I was only trying to do it because when I Googled "send Gmail to Pocket" Zapier popped up and said it could be done in 2 minutes. I worked on it for about an hour. Oh well. Thanks for the help!