Skip to main content

I’m very new to Zapier & Automation.. please help! I created a simple trigger to copy posts from a certain Slack channel into a Google Sheet. 

I’m using the “Create spreadsheet row” tool. The error I’m experiencing is that the slack username is showing up oddly in the spreadsheet. It doesn’t match the way the username is listed in Slack. I tried to create various versions of a formatting step but I’m clearly not doing it right. Any assistance is appreciated

Hi @spreadsheetsftw 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with examples from the GSheet about the issue with the Slack Usernames.

Hope these help! 

This is what it’s currently showing up as in the spreadsheet - in this case, the. user’s name in Slack is “@Blake *LastName*”, but this is how it appears when copied

My transform appears to pull the userID from the slack post but I can’t figure out how to translate that into their username as it appears. 

@spreadsheetsftw 

Can you post screenshots showing context of this from GSheets?

The error I’m experiencing is that the slack username is showing up oddly in the spreadsheet. It doesn’t match the way the username is listed in Slack.

@spreadsheetsftw 

Try adding this Zap action: Slack - Find User by ID

ID without the leading @.

That worked - thank you!