Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I force text onto the next line in Excel when creating a Zap from Jotform?

• 17 August 2024
  • 8 replies

Hello. I am creating a Zap from Jotform to Microsoft Excel. When the information is added to Excel it comes out in a string of text. I would like to force certain text/info onto the next line. I cannot seem to figure out a way to do this. I have tried everything that I have read online. Could someone please help me? Thank you.

Hi @ncharpentier 

For us to have more info, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with specific examples of the data you are trying to format.

Formatter help: https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

See above screenshots. I want the Client Information output to be as follows: 

Name

Address

City, State Zip

Phone Number

I would like the Additional New Vehicle information output to be as follows:

FEATURES

Must Have: 

Could Have: 

pInfo]

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

@ncharpentier

Make sure to add line breaks within the field in the Zap step.

How do I do that? Enter does not work.

Hi @ncharpentier6,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

You will need to press SHIFT + ENTER on your keyboard to add line breaks in fields. I have made a GIF on how to add line breaks in Zap action step fields:

02c41bfa763a67542db68235fa557611.gif
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps.

Wonderful. Thank you so much.

You are most welcome @ncharpentier! I’m glad we were able to point you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗