Question

How do I find and move a file to a folder which contain a word or a phrase as the files name?

• 25 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey guys

I uploaded a file to Google Drive and formatted the title of the file to contain a single word from an existing folder in my Drive. How can I find this folder in step 5?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Claus Jensen 

Good question.

Can you outline a specific examples for us?

Provide screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us context.

Hello @Troy Tessalone 

Heres an example

1. I have set up another Zap that creates a folder on Google Drive, named after a captured lead, containing the lead's name and address, and then proceeds to send a confirmation mail to the client, which they can respond with an attachment.

2. I’ve created the Zap posted above, which saves any attachment they might reply with, uploads it to Google Drive, and I want it to be uploaded to the folder from the other Zap.

I’ve duplicated your template for the second Zap https://zapier.com/blog/save-gmail-emails-to-google-drive/
which successfully saves and uploads the attachment I received to Google Drive and formats the naming of the file to contain the address of the client.

the naming of the file containing the exact address from the folder created in the first Zap.

However, I’m not sure how to proceed in the second Zap, to locate the existing folder by searching for matching words, in this case Gudmevej 13, 5000

I hope this explanation make sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Claus Jensen 

Try adding this Zap action: GDrive - Find Folder

Or you may need to use the concept of a lookup table:

@Troy Tessalone 

I’ve already tried GDrive - Find Folder, but it don’t seem like it can find a folder by a matching string of words.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Claus Jensen 

Then you can try using a lookup table: