Skip to main content

I have a google sheets spreadsheet with rows of data about various projects. When a user has a run date for their project they mark it in a specific column. The info in the run date column is not in any specific format. It could be a date or just the name of a month or even just something like “soon.”

I need to be able to find all the rows in this sheet that have ANY kind of data in the run date column. The catch is I cannot add more columns to the sheet. 

Is there a way to just look for ANY value and return all those rows?

Hi @Fred H,

Welcome to the community. Try this in your Zap. In Google Sheets (or your spreadsheet service), choose "Search Rows."  select the spreadsheet and worksheet, and in the "Search Column" field, enter the column name you want to search. Use a wildcard character (*) to find any data in the "search Value" field. After testing your Zap, please turn it on. Now, Zapier will search for rows with any data in the specified column whenever the trigger event occurs.

The issue you are dealing with can be handled within Sheets by utilizing a filter for empty cells in that specific column. I don't comprehend why you need to integrate it with zapier.com.