Best answer

How do I find Airtable records that contain an invoice number from Google Drive?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Help! I’m trying to Find and Update a Record in Airtable by using the name of a file uploaded to Google Drive. The File on Google Drive will always have the format xx-xxx.pdf, and the record on Airtable will always have the format INV #xx-xxx.

I have already separated xx-xxx from .pdf with a Split Text action, and would like to now Find and Update an Airtable Record containing xx-xxx in the title. I imagine there is a formula to do so, but I’m not sure how to arrive at it.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by mannyv86 9 May 2022, 17:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mannyv86 

Good question.

In the Airtable Find Record Zap action there are these options:

OR

Link: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/218151657

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @mannyv86! Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to implement Troy’s suggestion?🤔 looking forward to hearing if you were able to find a solution! 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Tam,

Yes I was! I used the Formatter and performed a search based on the results before the period in the PDF and then formatted the Search Value to “INV #(Formatter Result)” and it worked. Thanks again Troy.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Yay that’s great news! I’m glad Troy was able to help you get your zap up and running 🙂