Skip to main content
Question

How do I filter Zapier so that it will only continue if the client has the property “Finished Client”?

• 5 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Notion and Zapier so I’m not sure how to use it properly yet.

I want to make a Zapier filter where it would only continue if the client has the property “ ⁂ Finished Client ”

--------------------------------------------------------------
But I want it to select the actual item so if I select the Notion items id in the filter it would check if the actual id “ef057711-ca14-46ac-938c-d9e35413d123” has “ ⁂ Finished Client” which it obviously doesn’t.

I want to know if there’s a way I can select it in the filter so it checks the ACTUAL item in notion for the property “ ⁂ Finished Client ”.

It feels like there’s a really simple solution to this and I’m just being stupid but I’m not a 100% sure so any help is appreciated and I’m sorry if this is hard to follow

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Richards,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please let me know which type of field is “Finished Client” in Notion?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Richards 

From what I see the trigger is item updated in Notion, which means it's triggering for this specific item. Is the item a subitem inside the Page in Notion? (each item is a Page by default) 

We need some more screenshots to be able to help you. 

But a quick note would be that you need a Search for Item by ID step first to get the main item (Bob) and the details from it.