Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I filter Zap to send only new Google Contacts added after today?

• 9 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Thanks for taking a look at this!

• I have a ZAP created that sends a NEW Google Contact when entered, to another application.
    • This ZAP seems to be pulling All contacts in the database form the Google Contacts database and this is an overload of the RECIPIENT application 
      • Can anyone suggest a ZAP condition to send ONLY NEW contacts to the destination application BUT only new contacts that are added to GOOGLE after TODAY in Google Contacts (or a way to specify a trigger date?)

Thanks for your help. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RHG, welcome to the Community! 🎉

The New Contact trigger for Google Contacts should definitely only trigger for new contacts that are added. That said, I did some digging and found a bug where updated/past contacts were also triggering Zaps that used that trigger. I strongly suspect that’s what’s causing the Zap to add the wrong contacts so I’ve gone ahead and added you to the bug report for that issue. I can’t give an ETA on when you can expect it to be resolved by but adding you as an affected user helps to increase it’s priority and allows us to send you an email notification as soon as it’s been resolved.

In the meantime, perhaps you could use the workaround outlined in our Use filters so your Zap only triggers on certain days/times guide here to compare date the contact was updated to today’s date. I say updated rather than created as I did a quick test in my own Zap and could only see an “Update Time” field and no “Created Time” field available for contacts. 

Hope that helps. If you run into any trouble on that or if there’s anything else we can help with just let us know! 🙂

You must be correct - I see the backup here:

https://capture.dropbox.com/DGX8H2cBGTCrJ0kO

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing that screenshot @RHG. Wow, that is a lot of held Zap runs!

If they were all for old contacts then it might be best to delete those held runs of the Zap from the Zap history. This will stop them from being run and using your tasks. 

I’d also recommend contacting our Support team to see if there’s anything they can do to help restore any tasks that were unexpectedly used due to that bug. 🤞

Please do keep us updated on how you get on. Happy to help further if you run into any issues in setting up the filter.

is there an eMail address for support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

There isn’t a direct email address for the Support team, @RHG.  

You’d need to contact them using the "What would you like more help with?" form at the bottom of the page here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help. As you’re wanting to discuss tasks you’d want to select the Accounts, pricing, and billing option:
ab0dcad5cb7736a3c46b68f984eea519.png

Do let me know if there’s anything else I can help we in the meantime!