Question

How do I filter Google Sheets data by date range in a Zap to include only sales from a Shopify shift?

• 15 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I think I have my zap mostly figured out but one thing that’s giving me issues is the Google sheet lookup step. I’m trying to return values between two date/time ranges but I haven’t figured out how to do that. My hunch is that a spreadsheet style formula or maybe search operators could do the trick but I haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

Some context on the zap: I’m trying to send sales info (item names and quantities) from Shopify to a google chat message at the conclusion of each shift with the end goal of allowing the employee to get a summary of what was sold so they know what to restock.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ChambersSF 

To do that type of query for records between 2 dates you may need to use the GSheets API.

Try one of these GSheet actions:

• Custom Action (with the help of AI)
  • API Request
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@ChambersSF Troy is right as using GSheet custom actions is one way to go about it, but it is not very smart in terms of searching between timeframes. You would probably need to lookup the cell/row for beginning of the timeframe, and the end of the timeframe. Another way to do it is to actually get the data from Shopify directly since their APIs are more complete. If you have a gsheet sample with some sample data, happy to take a look.