Question

How do I fetch SharePoint banner URL and load it into Webflow CMS collection as the main image?

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I have successfully connect SharePoint site with one of my webflow project. One of the mapping field is mapping SharePoint banner URL with the main image and thumbnail image of Webflow CMS collection item. I see the data is fetched by zapier as it shows the URL in the mapping field, however, the images jus won’t show in webflow.   

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Allanjjj 

Good question.

For us to have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

This is the screenshot for the Sharepoint part. I connect my site named global banner and the list called site pages:

Then this is the part with webflow. I want the banner I have with SharePoint page, which is a URL link to be fetched to webflow as the main and thumbnail image. But I notice that, in the log, the connection is successful but the image URL appears in data in, bu not in the data out in webflow part. I would like to know how to fix it. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Allanjjj 

Please provide screenshots of the Zap Runs history logs DATA IN/OUT that you mentioned.

Observation

There is a newer version of the SharePoint Zap app.

You can and should update to the newer version.

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for the information. I’ve updated the version and run another test. Please see below the screenshot for the data stream. 

It seems the banner image URL exists in Data in, but not in data out. And the main image remains empty with the updated SharePoint version. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Allanjjj,

It looks like you have reached out to our Support team regarding this issue. Here’s their latest response which is from yesterday:

I can see that my awesome colleague Jeanny did get back to you however her reply might not have made it to your inbox.

I've re-attached her reply below, please feel free to check it out and let me know in case you still run into any issues or have any questions.

Fields that support the rendering of images and files are File field types. I looked into the Create Item action, and it looks like the Main Image and Thumbnail image fields came into the Zap as text fields. This is most likely why the images are rendering as expected. 

This would entail a feature request to the developers of this integration for the Create Item action to support uploading images/files. I've submitted this feature request for you. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA for when this feature might be implemented because prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. We will reach out to you via email once we have an update!

In the meantime, I also noticed that the file links were restricted. When I copy the file URL and paste it into my browser, I get this message:

885a7b9b31c37ac6295e9b3aa2ff4327.png

(view larger)

This could also be the same behavior that is encountered by the Zap. It may be worth testing to see if these fields would render the files as expected if the images are in a publicly accessible URL or a downloadable URL. More about supported file URL formats here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

669f7a510e691797fc7c3436d5742b71.png

(view larger)

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be more than happy to assist,

It looks like our Support team added you to the open feature request for WebFlow to support the rendering of images and files are File field types. If you have any clarification about this. I suggest continuing the conversation with our Support team.

Thank you!