Question

How do I feed new Google Sheet row data to a custom GPT and export GPT's answer to a new sheet?

• 21 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently building a zap where I want to export data from a newly added row in a google sheet to a prompt in a custom GPT that we made. In this custom GPT we added some files to base its answer on. From there on we want the answer that the custom gpt gives to be sent to us or export it to a new (different) google sheet. However: I read that there is no feature (yet) that allows a custom GPT to be added in a zap. 

I saw the option to create a chatGPT Assistant. However, there is no GPT-4 option for this. I do have a gpt plus subscription. 

My questions are: how can I import data from a new google sheet row to my custom GPT, and export the answer gpt gives to a new google sheet.. If this is not possible, is there another way to implement this? Is the chatgpt assistent sufficient? If yes, how am I able to use GPT-4 for the assistant?  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @JulesDR, welcome to the Community!

It’s not possible to use a custom GPT within a Zap but you can use Zapier AI actions within a GPT to read the data. 

In order to access ChatGPT-4 within a Zap you’d need to also have purchased at least $1 worth of pre-pay credits with your OpenAI account. This will grant your account access to the OpenAI API and then make the GPT-4 models available to select in your Zap. The credits can be purchased from the Billing settings page in OpenAI. Please see their How can I access GPT-4? for more details.

You can learn more about the differences between custom GPTs and assistants here: GPTs vs. Assistants: What's the difference? 

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Do let us know if you have any further questions or run into any issues in setting this up! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I am currently building a zap where I want to export data from a newly added row in a google sheet to a prompt in a custom GPT that we made. In this custom GPT we added some files to base its answer on. From there on we want the answer that the custom gpt gives to be sent to us or export it to a new (different) google sheet. However: I read that there is no feature (yet) that allows a custom GPT to be added in a zap. 

I saw the option to create a chatGPT Assistant. However, there is no GPT-4 option for this. I do have a gpt plus subscription. 

My questions are: how can I import data from a new google sheet row to my custom GPT, and export the answer gpt gives to a new google sheet.. If this is not possible, is there another way to implement this? Is the chatgpt assistent sufficient? If yes, how am I able to use GPT-4 for the assistant?  

Best way is to integrate OpenAI in Zapier. You would have to create an OpenAI account, add some credit to it and you should be able to use it directly in the zap. 
Based on the complexity, you’ll have to choose with GPT model you would like to use at the backend (the number of tokens are accordingly decided that you’ll have to purchase, but usually very cheap)

You can then use the action to pull and push data from and to the google sheets you like pretty easily. 

-----

In case you need any help setting it up let me know and I'll be happy to assist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JulesDR! 👋 Just wanted to check in to see how you’re getting on with this?

Eager to ensure you’re all set here so please do let us know if you need any further help at all!