Question

How do I extract structured data for multiple events from one email?

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am automating calendar entries from emails using Gmail, ChatGPT and Google Sheets. 

I have single events working beautifully using “extract structured Data with ChatGPT” however the issue arises when there are multiple events listed in one email. 

My strategy is to use Looping to create multiple rows on a sheet. 
The challenge is getting multiple events extracted - ChatGPT only ever returns one event in “extract structured Data”. Is this a known limitation within this function? 

I’ve been working with ChatGPT to create the prompts and been through several iterations, confirming that the email data that’s provided is not too complex.

If it isn’t possible with the zap I’m using, suggestions for how I might be able to return a number of events in order to write multiple rows in Gsheets? 

Thanks for your helP!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Claelly! 👋

Is it that the Extract Structured Data action is within the loop and it’s only returning one when testing in the Zap editor? 

If so, that’s the expected behaviour as it will only work with the first loop iteration while testing in the Zap editor, but when the Zap is switched on it should loop through each and add them into Google Sheets. 

Is that the case here or are you experiencing this behaviour while doing live testing of the Zap while it’s switched on?