Question

How do I export all the lead data from Close CRM and put it on Google Sheets?

• 9 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m looking to set up an automation/s that will do the following:

• Every Monday 5am, it will export all the lead data from Close CRM into a Google Sheet

The goal is to use those data to do computations in another tab using the data exported from Close.

These are the steps I’m setting up:

1st zap:

• Schedule by Zapier (set every Mon at 5am)
  • Create Export in Close
    • T​​his step though will email the exported file ​​​​​
    • I have to choose JSON as the format of the exported file because I need to include the activities (calls, emails, etc)

2nd zap:

• New Export in Close
  • Utilities in Formatter by Zapier
  • Google Sheets

I’ve encountered some roadblocks though. 

For the 1st zap:

1. How do I convert the JSON to a CSV?
  2. Is using the ‘Create Export in Close’ action the correct step or is there another way?

For the 2nd zap:

1. In the Utilities in Formatter by Zapier, what do I put in the *CSV File field in order for this to work?

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @smbteam, welcome to the Community! 🙂

How do I convert the JSON to a CSV? Is using the ‘Create Export in Close’ action the correct step or is there another way?

The a Format field on that Create Export action should allow you to select to have it exported as either Json or CSV. So I’d have thought selecting the CSV option from that field would create the CSV file you’re after, or are you saying that option omits the activities?

If so, you could use an app like Conversion Tools for example to convert the JSON into a CSV format:
1e7c0920ceb32eb5659c76e097b49851.png

In the Utilities in Formatter by Zapier, what do I put in the *CSV File field in order for this to work?

You’d need to select either a file object or the publicly-accessible download url for the file (see Send files in Zaps for more details). Looking at the fields available from the New Export trigger it appears there’s a Download URL which would likely be the one to select in that Import CSV File (Formatter) action.

Want to give that a try and let us know how you get on? Happy to assist further if you get stuck at all! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB , thanks for your response.

To answer, I do need to specifically export it in JSON format instead of the CSV option in the Format field on that Create Export action because I need to include Activities (see note below): 

As for using an app like Conversion Tools, unfortunately, we do not have a subscription there. Other than using an app, is there any other way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @smbteam. Ah, I see. Then it would appear that you’d definitely need select the JSON option rather than CSV!

I’ve just checked again and couldn’t see any other publicly available apps on Zapier that mentioned being able to convert from JSON to CSV format. But I found this related thread in the Community that has a link to a private invite-only app that one of our certified Zapier experts built: 

It seems like that app would be able to handle the conversion from JSON to CSV, but as it’s a private app I’m unable to assist on troubleshooting for it. You’d need to reach out to the author of that post (who created the app) for further assistance.

If you do give that app a try and manage to get it working please let us know. Keen to ensure you’re all set! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you, will give an update if we do try that app @SamB !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m glad to hear it @smbteam. 🙂 

If there’s anything else I can help with in the meantime just ask - always happy to help!