Skip to main content
Question

How do I ensure attendees receive email notifications for events created on Zapier?

• 14 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey! i have some trouble creating an google calender invitation for our guests.

the thing is, i create succesfully an event and have correct email adresses in attendees.

on my end i can see the correct event but why the attendees dont get any emails? i was thinking if i add the email adress of the attendees, they will get some sort of notification or invitation. Its not happening.

How can i notify the guest that there is an event for them?

Is google calender the only solution i have on zapier for creating an event and send invitations?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @yasinyaso 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy! thanks for you message.

trying to be clear: my event is created and if the attendee check his calendar he would see the event. But im wondering why there is no mail for him?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@yasinyaso 

Did you include an email address in the Attendees field?

Userlevel 1

Yes i did. For test i put my second mail adress.

to be clear. If i go to google calender with the attendees account, i can see the event and i have to accept or decline.

what i want is an email invitation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @yasinyaso 👋

Can you confirm how the email addresses for the attendees have been added in that Create Detailed Event action? I’m wondering if there’s an issue with how they’ve been added.

For example were they added like this:
407ab5be7479fdc0e562e04ff9912233.png
Or like this:
a9e322ea57c1d3cefdd8f195c4a09994.png

If they’ve been added as per the first example, can you update your Zap to follow the second example (with the relevant email addresses) and then test the action again to see if that gets the event invite email sent as expected?

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!