Question

How do I dynamically create a PDF based of form submissions?

• 31 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1

I have (what i hope to be) a very interesting use case and need some help getting my head wrapped around the best course of action.

In a nutshell, my company is nearing 100 accounts. Each account, on a daily basis has activity that we document. Some accounts could have no activity for weeks, others will have 20 documented activities per night.

We were using some software previously for the entire solution, which would record log entries. Each account would be a site / client, at the end of the week these log entries would be emailed, which was basically a blank email with a link to a PDF , the PDF/link would contain the pertinent logs for a specific account (sent to that accounts users).

This is no longer functioning for us due to an “unexpected update” by the previous software company.

Ive seen some path’s forward, albeit in pieces, by looking at others work. I cant seem to find a way to make all of these pieces click together without losing some functionality. 

My hypothetically workflow is as follows:

1.  Form submission (current idea being Monday.com as we use this for A LOT) - *Key Aspect: A drop down in the form, which would have all selectable accounts to choose from, this would be one column of data
  2. Every form submission will input the data from the form, into a Google sheet/Monday.com Board 
  3. Each account has its own sheet
  4. On a schedule (once a week) a zap would run, with an attachment (PDF) that would be sent to the customers for X account

My issues/questions are as follows:

1.  How do i sort form submissions the most efficient way
  • Is there a way to dynamically tell which google sheet, X data would get sent to, based off of the dropdown in the previous 1. point?
  • Is there a way to avoid having 1 zap for every account?
  • Is there a way to do this without JSON or some additional code, and instead just taking the output of one step and using it as the input for the next?

VERY open to discussing any alternatives or changes to my proposed flow, as we are being quoted $300-400/month options by several form submission software.

THANK YOU!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.