Best answer

How do I dynamically change text color in Creatomate using MySQL data?

• 7 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I'm using the Creatomate module to generate templates on the fly based on the data I retrieve from my MySQL database.

So far, I've managed to easily dynamize the template to be generated, the photos, the texts etc.

However, I can't find a solution for dynamizing text colors, etc.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything in the Zapier and Creatomate documentation on this subject.

Here's a small photo for context ->

I retrieve this data (title, photos, etc.) from my MySQL database.

For example, I'd like to be able to add a "color" column to my DB, with "#000" for example, to dynamically give the text a black color.

Any contribution to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mediapole.

icon

Best answer by mediapole 7 September 2023, 15:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I think I'm on the right track.
Rather than using the Creatomate module itself, I used a custom webhook calling creatomate api url.
It seems I can now apply more specific modifications to my templates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mediapole,

Glad to know you were able to get it sorted! Using Webhooks by Zapier is a great alternative as long as the app’s API supports it and if the current app integration does not support the functionality you are looking for.

Please note that Webhooks by Zapier is an advanced feature, so troubleshooting would be quite difficult. Not because we don’t want to help but because APIs can be so different, and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected. 

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Hi @mediapole ,

Co-founder of Creatomate.com here! Alternatively, you can pass your data under “Advanced settings” when setting up your Creatomate action:

Use “Title.fill_color” to change the fill_color of your "Title" element. You can find a full list of text properties here: https://creatomate.com/docs/json/elements/text-element

Hope that helps!