Best answer

How do I duplicate/create a new Google sheet and then update that sheet with the client data from my CRM?

• 10 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I am looking to create a zap to send data from our CRM into a Google Sheet. I want the zap to create a new Google sheet (duplicate an existing sheet) then update the duplicate sheet with the client data pulled from the CRM. Does this functionality exist? I am trying to do so but haven’t had any luck at all. 

I have attached a screenshot of the snippet of sheet I’d like to duplicate for each client that makes it to this stage. Then have the zap populate those fields. 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 10 August 2022, 21:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @A90 - JC 

Yes, it definitely exists. There are a couple of ways you could tackle it.. You will need to add a header row to your google sheet in order for Zapier to load in input fields though. https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-to-set-up-your-google-spreadsheet-to-work-with-zapier 

Option 1 (very task intensive): 
Trigger: Whatever trigger you have from your CRM
Action: Create Spreadsheet (duplicate a template)
Loop: Update each row with value

The loop is the tricky part.. as you essentially have to loop through each row and update only a few columns.. Not really the best solution but could work. 

Option 2 (use reference formulas)

If you were to add a second worksheet to your spreadsheet you could have Zapier add 1 row to the second worksheet and then use reference formulas on your formatted sheet to reference specific cells on the second sheet. 

Trigger: Whatever trigger you have from your CRM
Action: Create Spreadsheet (duplicate a template)
Action: Create Row on Spreadsheet

Feel free to reach out to us if you need help implementing!