Skip to main content

Hello Zapier Team,

I am new to Zapier and a beginner at AI.

Is it possible to create a zap that does the following task?

1) Download all attachments from a new labeled email from Gmail (separate PDFs)

2) Upload the attached files into a Google Drive folder (not a zip file)

3) Hyperlink the attached files from Google Drive into an existing Google Sheet Row with a comma, space, or break between each hyperlink

Every time I try to download the all of the PDF attachments from Gmail to Google Drive, it becomes a zip file. When I try to download each attachment separately, it says “LazyFile is not JSON serializable”.

Is it possible to download all (PDF) attachments from a new labeled email from Gmail to Google Drive in seperate files instead of a zip file?

Hi @HenryH 

Try using this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Attachment

Hi @Troy Tessalone Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried using New Attachment in Gmail and then Upload File in Google Drive. (File is Attachment: (Exists but not shown)

But it shows 1 PDF in the folder instead of the 3 from the email. Is it possible to have it trigger again for the 2nd and 3rd attachment?

@HenryH 

While the Zap is turned ON, that will trigger for each attachment in an email.

@Troy Tessalone 

I published it. I think it ran, but I don’t see any uploads/PDFs in my Google Drive.

@HenryH 

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

Check your Zap Runs history for activity/errors: https://zapier.com/app/history/

@Troy Tessalone 

It shows that it’s published.

But the Zap History is blank.

*I removed the Stopped/Errored from the filter because it shows a different Zap that’s in error.

@HenryH 

Since you turned the Zap ON, has there been new emails that meet the Gmail Zap trigger conditions that contain attachments?

@Troy Tessalone

Not yet, I’ll wait and see when the next email from our vendor arrives and will keep you posted on the results.

*Update - It worked!

Thank you very much for you time and expertise.