How do I do in zapier to add a delay after the date that the client has put in the form?

• 16 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi !! 

I’m new...so I have many problems hehe.

I WANT TO CREATE A WORKFLOW IN ZAPIER WITH MY EVENT FORM, INSIDE THE FORM THERE IS A SECTION FOR PEOPLE TO PUT THE OFFICIAL DAY OF THEIR EVENT. How do I do in zapier to add a delay after the date that the client has put in the form to accommodate the next action which is to add to the mailchimp database?

And how do I check that zapier is following the date item in the form?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Renata, 

Use a Delay by Zapier using the Delay until trigger on the event date. Assuming the date your client has provided is the date you want to delay until and it’s a date/time variable you can choose. 

If you need to manipulate or format the date before the delay then use a Formatter by Zapier to get the date and date/time format you require the delay until.

You could add use the Formatter by Zapier date / Time action to Add/Subtract Time from the input date of your event. For example to add or subtract a number of days.

I hope that makes sense.

it’s doesn`t work :( 

if I choose the until delay in my zap and in the (date/time delayed until) action I must add the date that my client has marked, these dates are usually more than one month, in that case...zapier does not allow me a delay after one month?

Please help :( 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Renata 

It’s difficult to advise only seeing the part you shown. The date there is in the past. You formatter should add 30 days or one month to the chosen date or the chosen date. The formatter is to make sure its a date time object. If it is providing dates in the past you’ll need to look at the data. 

It delays until the date set. If the dates you get are not what you need you’ll need to manipulate them a bit.