Best answer

How do I directly trigger an email to one or another email address when the column (Area) is updated in Google Sheets?

• 5 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Good morning everyone,

I would like to ask the following. First some background

We are currently using the connection Chatbot-Spreadsheet and Spreadsheet- Gmail. When a user fill the chatbot form, this information is collected in a Spreadsheet. At the same time, this information collected in a row is shared automatically via Gmail, in this case just to my email address.

What we would like to set up is that, depending on one of the fields in the spreadsheet ('Area'), we would like to trigger an email to one or another email address directly.

Is this something that can be done? I would need some help here.

Thank you very much. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 September 2022, 16:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Matias La Fontaine!

There are a few different ways that you can do this, depending on how many areas you have. Also, are there any other fields that need to change other than email address?

If there aren’t too many options and the only field that needs to change is the email address, depending on the area, I’d recommend using a Lookup Table. You can create a lookup table using Formatter by Zapier. The lookup table allows you to say if the input is Area A, give email 1, if it’s Area B, use email 2, and so on. You can learn more about lookup tables in this help guide.

Other options for creating conditional logic (ie if this happens, then do that) in Zaps are Filters and Paths (note that Paths aren’t available on Free or Starter Plans)

Hi Danvers,

thank you very much for the information! I'll go with Filters, It seems to me the easiest option.

Best!