Skip to main content

Hi,

I have Zapier pulling from WPforms submissions to S3.  I want the file to go to a particular folder but I don’t seem to have control over that.  Each time it creates a new destination structure:  s3://example/https://www.example.io/wp-content/uploads/wpforms/88334-c34fc24529c79971c553873f54448465/close-encounters-cf275347c5a88f0d100dcf43353d5331.jpg

I just want to go to one folder one level down from my S3 bucket to see my submissions, not a string of clicks to get to each one.  Any thoughts, please?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi there @PMalmont,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Configure” section of the action step that shows all of its fields.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Here’s you go

Not pictured: mimetype None

Hi @PMalmont 

Help links for using S3 in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/amazon-s3/help

Click field labels to see tooltips with more info.

I want to add files to a folder

In Amazon S3, folders are designated by the key name.

For example, if you upload a file with the key images/sample1.jpg then it will show in the Amazon S3 console as a file sample1.jpg inside a folder images.

OK.  So if I’m understanding correctly, I can’t tell Zapier to drop the image in a folder of my choosing.  It’ll create a file directory based on where it’s finding it in wordpress.  If I simplify my wordpress directory, that might be a fix, right?

@PMalmont 

EXAMPLE

The File field is the file (object or url) to upload.

The Key field is for specifying the Folder and File name.

e.g. Key = Pets/Dog.jpg

That means a file will be uploaded with a filename = Dog.jpg in the Pets Folder.

Got it!  Thanks!

Hi @PMalmont,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.