Question

How do I delete scheduled Zapier tasks to prevent them from running?

• 29 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I understand that if I delete a task from my history I will not get the credits back.  However, if I delete a scheduled task, will that stop the task from completing?  For example, if I am running a sales campaign for three weeks, and after my first touch someone says they are not interested, can I go in and delete all follow up tasks so that person does not receive an email from me over the next three weeks?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DavidP 

Good question.

Any Zap Run steps that have not run or do not run will not count as Tasks.

Help article about Task usage: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496196837261

You would be better served by designed a different automation system to make your Zaps more dynamic.

For example, if you are using Delay steps in your Zap, then after each Delay step, add a step to find the current info about the Person, then follow that with a Filter step.

Another option is to use an operational database app such as Airtable.

The concept would be to add data to Airtable.

Airtable has Views which are segments of data. (sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps. (e.g. Date = TODAY and Status = X)

That way records only enter Views, when conditions are met, and only receive the next email in the campaign.

Thanks Troy that is very helpful.  I am using Airtable so I will follow those suggestions.  But just to confirm; I ran a zap today and there are basically four emails that I have scheduled to send out in those three weeks.  If someone says that they are not interested on the first email, I can manually go into the history and delete those tasks for that particular contact, and the emails will not be sent?  This won’t be an issue on an ongoing basis as I have fixed it, however I just want to correct this initial mistake..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DavidP 

You would be deleting the related Zap Runs.

If the Zap Runs are deleted and there are pending action steps to process, then those pending action steps won’t be processed.

If the pending Zap Run actions steps are never processed, then those can’t be counted as Zap Tasks.