Question

How do I dehydrate QuickBooks PDF Objects for use or get invoice URLs in my Zap?

• 16 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am using Quickbooks to create and send Invoices based on a trigger from our CMS 

I wanted to be able to get the invoice link but couldn't solve this (even tried the email parser but that didn't work) 

I noticed the the create invoice output include the PDF which appears as a hydrated object:

pdf hydrate|||.object data removed |||hydrate

Is there a way to dehydrate the object within the same zap so I can use that PDF file? 

BTW if anyone has a new idea on how to actually get the invoice URL link , beer is on me

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @crelis 

The CMS would need to explicitly provide the desired link rather than providing a file.

If the files have a standard link format then you may be able to create your own link with a combo of static and dynamic values.

We would need to see an example of the desired link you are trying to use to have more context.

Send files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Maybe I want clear I will try again.

When Quickbooks create or send an invoice (via Zapier) the  link to the invoice (which exists in Quickbooks or within the actual email it sends) is not included in the zap output. THat was the original issue

I tried emailing the invoice to the zapier email parser but again the URL does not show.

The only thing left for me was the PDF output line (from the invoice creation step )which appears as a hydrated object

What i want to do if possible is to use that data to end up with the PDF file of the created invoice.  

I understood that to be called dehydration, however, I was not able to find any way to do that within the same zap that creates the initial invoice

I hope this is clear

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@crelis 

Did you try using this Zap action: QBO - Send Invoice

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes of course - it does not provide the link in the output either 

The issue is not sending the invoice 

After I created (and sent the Invoice….I need to capture either the link to the invoice or the invoice PDF (which seem to be included in the create invoice zap output  as a hydrated object) and use it (store is in our CMS

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @crelis,

I found this Community post that talks about dehydrating a file. Here’s the link: 

Do you think this will work for your desired workflow?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks, I will try this