Skip to main content
Question

How do I define the duplicate/revision of a document in PandaDoc?

Requirement:

Users create a revision of a document In PandaDoc which they must link back to Salesforce record.

Manual linking of a doc is not available for SF custom Object in Panda Doc so therefore we were suggested to use Zapier by panda Doc.

When I create an event/action for ZAP, I do not have any event which can tell whether it is a duplicate document or not?

I do not want zap to link for original documents as those will be already linked to SF record and if I ask Zap to do this then it is redundant job/

Also, I am new to API so can I get some advice how can I start my journey to learn API integration as nowadays none of the app is perfect app so ultimately 2-3 apps business has to use to achieve their business processes?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Abhi Saini,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here.

Before we dig deeper into this, have you tried using the “Find Document” action in PandaDoc to see if it’ll return a data for the duplicated documents?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your response!!

I was able to find the duplicate in Panda Doc via ZAP, but I could link that doc back to SF record only as a file or attachment however I need to show it as a link in SF Jason Builder Just like it is presented in the attached image.

In the image you will see the Tender Candidate in the right hand side, it is a custom object in SF and I need to show the same doc in same way in this custom object “Tender Candidate” via ZAP.

Can you guide me to achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Abhi Saini, hope you don’t mind me jumping in here to lend a hand! 🙂

I can’t see any image attached to your message, would you mind re-sharing it here so we can take a closer look?

That said, I wonder if you could achieve what you’re after by having the Zap create a record for the PandaDoc documents in Salesforce, then link the relevant Tender Candidate record in Salesforce to them by adding the ID of the PandaDoc Salesforce record to it. This sort of approach is described in the best answer marked in this related Community topic:

Would that work for your needs here? Looking forward to hearing from you!