Skip to main content
Question

How do I create tasks in Asana from Google Form responses?

I created a Zap that takes the responses from a Google Form to create a Task with the responses. It seems to be sending the answer to asana as a Message and not creating the task.  

I have tried everything help… 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Theleary 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theleary 

Are you able to provide screenshots of your Zap action step for Asana?

Userlevel 1

I think this is what you need :). I meant to send this.  I sent half of output,  I think the first part is what you might need. If not, Ill post the rest. Thank you so much!  I have spent too much time trying to figure out something that seems pretty simple. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theleary 

It’s still unclear which Zap action step you are using and how that Zap step is configured with variables mapped from the trigger step.

Can you post more screenshots showing that?

Userlevel 1

Sorry Troy, I thought I added those previously.  see below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theleary 

Are you getting an error when testing the Asana Create Task step?

Else, please clarify what you mean by “sending a message and not creating a Task”.

Userlevel 1

I do not get any errors when testing the task.  When it runs the Zap, it sends the data into Asana as a message and is not creating a Task.  See below.  I have tinkered with this for a while. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theleary 

The Zap is configured to create an Asana Task.

Perhaps you have other apps connected to Asana that are creating the Message or other Asana Rules configured that are causing the message.

You can check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The DATA OUT for the Asana Create Task step will include the Asana Task ID that was created.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Theleary! Just wanted to follow up here and see if you were able to figure out the issue with your zap sending a message and not creating a task? It looks like everything is set up correctly, I’m curious to see if you were able to find a solution 🤔