Skip to main content
Question

How do I create Salesforce records for Square line items, including missing order details?

• 17 May 2024
  • 6 replies

hi there, i’m looking to create a record in Salesforce for each line item in square. 

My issues are that certain values like order ID, order date are Not in the line items. When I loop through lineitems if i specify those values they’re visible in the first line item, but missing from the rest.

e.g. Close Date is populated on iteration 1 but empty in iteration 2. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ShaunB 

You don’t need to map those into and out of the the Looping step.

Just map those directly to the desired action steps and it will be used for each loop iteration.

@Troy Tessalone is this just a limitation of the test that in the screenshot above it doesn’t look populated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShaunB 

No.

If you want the same Close Date then just map the Close Date from the origin Step to the action step, not thru the Looping step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShaunB 

EXAMPLE

1. Trigger: Square
    1. Includes regular data points (aka non-line item data points)
      1. e.g. Close Date
    2. Includes line item data points
  2. Action: Looping
    1. Used to handle line items
    2. Map the line items variables from Step 1
  3. Action: Salesforce
    1. Map the Close Date directly from Step 1
    2. Map the line item variables from Step 2

The create record step is In the loop, am I misunderstanding where the update would happen.

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShaunB 

Map the Close Date variable from the step it originates to Step 8.

Doing that means it will populate for every loop iteration since it is not being processed thru the looping app.