Question

How do I create new contact and deal properties in HubSpot using the Chrome Extension trigger?

• 26 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hubspot has a “Properties API” (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/properties) but unless I’m missing something, Zapier doesn’t have an action that leverages it.

I’m looking to create some new contact and deal properties within Hubspot via Zapier.  I would manually trigger this action via the Zapier Chrome Extension as needed.  Could anyone point me in the right direction on what action I should be using?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @human 

Good question.

Try this Zap action: HubSpot - API Request

Generally only the most common/popular app API endpoints are exposed in a Zap app, otherwise there could be 100s of triggers/actions, most of which are not useful/relevant to an avg user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @human,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

At the moment, we don't have a "Create Property" action for the HubSpot app, and I also couldn't find any similar feature requests. However, don't worry! As Troy suggested, you might want to consider using the API Request (Beta) which is an advance feature so our support for that is limited. Alternatively, you could reach out to our Support team who would be more than happy to create a feature request for you.

I hope this brings some clarity! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. 😊