Question

How do I create multiple Zoho CRM module entries based on subform entries within a Zoho Forms entry?

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am trying to create module entries in Zoho CRM based on a form entry in Zoho Form. This is usually straightforward, but within the Zoho Form there is an option to add multiple line items through a subform - each new line item has 4 corresponding fields as each is a new customer, First Name, Last Name, Email and Job Title.

I would like each subform entry to be added as a new module entry in the CRM (having first checked whether the customer record exists already based on their email address). When I align the subform fields from the Zoho Forms entry with the appropriate fields to Zoho CRM, rather than creating a new entry for each subform line, all of the subform entries appear as a list separated by commas, e.g. rather than creating separate records for “Mara”, “Tom”, “Avi”, and “Nick”, a single record is created with the first name “Mara, Tom, Avi, Nick”. 

I have tried separating them using the line item formatter but I then need each line item entry to act as its own trigger for a new module entry, and for the corresponding fields for each entry to go through together. By separating the line items then converting the line item to a string of text I have worked out how to create a module entry based on only the first subform entry, but this requires converting each of the four subform fields separately, and only works for the first outputted converted line item. I then need the same to happen for each other customer in the subform list. Is there a way to do this? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Operations123 

Try using the Looping (Create Loop from Line Items) app to handle the line items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help