Skip to main content

I have a google sheet with 121 rows of statements and I want a daily task created in clickup from the information in each row. Everything works accept today it chose the first row again, instead of advancing to the second row. I think the problem is in the inital ‘Lookup spreadsheet Row’. I chose Lookup Column: Starting Number 1 from the spreadsheet but now I’m thinking it needs to somehow select the ‘next unused row, or advancing row’ but I don’t know how to create that choice. Is there a step I’m missing? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Hi @JDeRee 

Zap action: Storage - Increment Value (+1)

Use that value to find the desired row by the lookup column #.

Hey Troy, 

Thanks for your response. I’m not knowledgeable enough about Zapier to understand how to use that info. If you look at the Zap in my screen shot, where does your action go?

I just received a response from support, here’s the info I was emailed from Zapier support:

“I think I have an idea of how you can get this to work, but it will require you to modify your spreadsheet a little bit. I would add a date column in your spreadsheet and then add all the dates for each row. Then what you can do is lookup the spreadsheet row by "today's date". To do this, you will want to use Zapier's field, which will select the current date and time. You will need to add a Formatter step to extract just the date.

Here's what the workflow would look like: 

1. Schedule by Zapier
  2. Formatter by Zapier (extract date from the field)
  3. Lookup Spreadsheet Row (add results from your Formatter date extraction)
  4. Create Task in Clickup
  5. Update Custom Field in Clickup
  6. Update Spreadsheet Row

Does your suggestion work with the above or instead of? 

Thanks for whatever help you can offer!

@JDeRee 

Help for Storage: https://zapier.com/apps/storage/help

Add a Zap step 2.

Use the output as the Lookup Value in the following GSheet Lookup Row step to find the row with the matching Starting Number.

NOTE: You may have to adjust the Storage initial value.

e.g. If there is no Storage key value, then when the Zap Runs the Storage Zap step will return 1, the next time it will return 2, then next time it will return 3, and so on.