Question

How do I create ClickUp tasks from email, Slack, and inquiries with Zapier?

• 1 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I am struggling to understand how to effectively create Zap tasks on Clickup. I run a service based business which requires task been automated into click from e mails and Slack.
Extracting String Values of label type

I am ultimately after clarity for 3 things;

• One of my goals looks like the below. (Trigger =>)

Specific E mail Notifications > Clickup >Assigned as a task
Slack >Clickup
Clickup/Slack or similar > Scheduled E mail or Whatsapp Message.
Enquiry> Clickup> Assign to Team member

• Does anyone here already have a Zap connection template or guide they can share ?
  • Can we Zap automation to mark/tick boxes for inprogress or completed tasks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Melly47 , welcome to the community.

I feel like you can do the following for these scenarios:

Specific E mail Notifications > Clickup >Assigned as a task

You can achieve this as follows:

• Add a specific label in your email
  • Setup a zap to trigger when a new email is received under that label (for example label “special” is assigned to an email in Gmail)
  • Next step in the zap will be to create a new task in Clickup, select your workspace, your list and then other details of the task
  • You’re good to go

Slack >Clickup

This is pretty easy. Slack triggers are available in zapier to choose what is best for you. For example, a new message is sent to a private channel in clickup trigger is available. Just use that, to create the clickup task in the next step in zapier and you should be good. 

Clickup/Slack or similar > Scheduled E mail or Whatsapp Message.

For this, you’ll have to use a third party service. Specially for whatsapp message. Scheduled email trigger might be available for gmail, but not sure about service. 

Enquiry> Clickup> Assign to Team member

For enquries, I would recommend to use Clickup forms directly to capture whatever data you are requesting from your potential client. Once the client fills in, a task will automatically be created in Clickup. You can then use clickup in-built automation to assign it to a specific team member whenever a new task is created via form submission. 

Let me know if you have any questions at all. Happy to help. 

---

Zaki

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community @Melly47! 👋 

Have you had a chance to give @zaki_readylogic’s suggestions a try yet?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please keep us updated on how you get on with this - happy to help if you run into any trouble at all!