Question

How do I create ClickUp list & add tasks for each new row when a specific Google Sheet column updates?

• 10 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Im new to zapier so forgive my ignorance. I want to create the following scenario:

An update to a google sheet rows happens every 2-3 days. The rows are updated in bulk, meaning that at any given second there could be at least 20 rows updated.

1. I need to create a single ClickUp list for every single bulk rows being added. One of the columns has the name, in every row, for the list name. I think I need to add a filter here to prevent a list being created for every single row being updated. I don't know what my criteria should be?
  2. Then I need to add all the new rows as tasks, each row being an individual task within the newly created list. Im struggling to figure out if this should be a second zap or keep it on the same zap and ensure that the list ID is correctly connected to the new tasks?

Im stuck at the beginning of this and would like someone to just guide me through the whole process.

Thanks so much

Donald

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @chonkie,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I believe you can simplify your workflow by using just one Zap. Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Google Sheets (New or Updated Spreadsheet Row)
  2. Action: Filter by Zapier
  3. Action: ClickUp (Create List)
  4. Action: ClickUp (Create Task)

Would this help you out? Please let me know if you need more information or details regarding the suggested workflow.