Skip to main content
Question

How do I create automation in monday.com to send Mailchimp campaigns based on board changes and contact lists?

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I want to create an automation where 

On Moday.com board called marketing Plan, change the status from anything to schedule + and the date is today

Action of filter the contact list from a contact board (it is another board on monday.com) with the marketing email column saying YES.

Find a Tag (name of the marketing name (form the first trigger) and check if there is a campaign in Mailchimp with the same name

Find a campaign and send to the emails I have filtered from Monday.com

After sending it, update the marketing Plan status to “sent campaign or done”.

Could you please give me an idea of the best approach for creating the scenario? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Many trigger zap, welcome to the Community!

Do the subscribers already existing in Mailchimp or are they only listed on the contacts board in Monday.com? 

For the sending part of the workflow there’s a Send Campaign (Mailchimp) action that would create a draft to be sent to everyone signed up to the campaign. Which may not be ideal if you’re wanting the campaign to be sent out on an individual basis. In which case, you’d need to look at using the Add Subscriber To Tag action and set up an automation within Mailchimp so that the campaign is sent to a subscriber whenever a specific tag is added.

Is it that you’re wanting the Zap to trigger each day, find the campaign that has a scheduled date set as today, then look up a list of applicable contacts in Monday.com and send the campaign to them? 

Asking as it should be possible to use a filter to check is the status is “schedule” and that the date is set to today - but the Specific Column Value Changed in Board (Monday.com) trigger, that you’d need to use for this workflow, would only trigger when the change to a specific column status is made. So you couldn’t update the column to “schedule” and have that update trigger the Zap to run and send out the campaign.

Once we have some answers to the above questions though we should be better able to advise on the best approach for the desired workflow. Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂