Best answer

How do I create and update products in Big com from a spreadsheet all at the same time?

• 11 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create and update products in Big Com using a trigger as an Excel sheet. However, I need only a specific date so my Zap runs with all the data from the Excel sheet at the same time.

I’m confused about which tool I use for that and How?

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 December 2023, 11:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @RahulGupta!

Can I double check that you’re using Google Sheets and not Excel? You’ve included Google Sheets as a tag and your screenshot shows Google Sheets so I think that’s what you’re using but I wanted to double check. 

If you want to pass all of the information from a Google Sheet to Big Commerce at the same time, you can use a Transfer. A Zap runs each time something happens, for example when you add or update a row on a Google Sheet. With Transfer, you can move lots of data at the same time. You can either have a Transfer run once or you can run it on a schedule, for example once a week transfer will go through all of the data in the sheet. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Danvers, I’m using Google Sheets as the trigger.

I tried Transfer  but there are limited options not for  Product Creation

Is there any way, which helps run My Zap at a specific date or time with all the data from Sheet 

Actually, I’m using a code tool to update and Create New products 

Python request, which gets the data from the sheet and creates or Update the Product

this is running fine but I want to Run this process at a specific time or date like every week or day

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the extra information @RahulGupta

If you’d like the Zap to run on a specific day of the week, Schedule is perfect for that. If Schedule is the trigger, you’ll need to add another step in the Zap to pull any relevant rows from Google Sheets that will be used in the rest of the Zap. 

Looking at Transfer, you can use a it with a webhook step, ie use Google Sheets as the data sources and then add a Webhook step. If using schedule doesn’t work, you could create a Zap with a Catch Hook trigger and use the Google Sheet information to trigger that hook and send the relevant information to the rest of the Zap.

Would either of those options work for you? Let us know if not and we can keep brainstorming with you :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for your support @Danvers :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Just popping by with a quick update to share that the scheduled transfers function will be deprecated on January 15, 2024. Any existing scheduled transfers will continue to run up until that point, but as of today, it will no longer be possible to create new scheduled transfers. 

To avoid disruption, any currently active scheduled transfers will be migrated into new Zaps that can perform the same workflow. You can learn more about these changes to scheduled transfers here

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime!