Best answer

How do I create and send DocuSign contracts from Google Sheets using Zapier?

• 12 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi!

I have a google sheet populated with all of the Sales Data I need to complete a New Sale

Customer Details

Pricing

Duration of Contract

Etc Etc. 

What I would like to happen is for Zapier to 

1. Open a new envelope in DocuSign
  2. Populate a Contract Template in Docusign with all these variables
  3. Send this envelope on to the Client and our MD for signing

How do I do this? I have completely drawn a blank and it feels as though it should be very simple!

I would like the trigger for this process to be when the New Sales data is entered into our system. We use a Google form for this. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 October 2023, 18:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ABABAB 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GForms - New Form Response / GSheets - New Row
  2. Action: DocuSign - Create Signature Request
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy

Thanks for this - but the options in Create Signature Request are very limited, and do not contain any fields for altering the content of the document - eg, customising my contract template in Docusign. 

I feel like this will be something that lots of people require so there must be a solution out there!

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ABABAB 

You first need to properly configure your DocuSign template so the fields show in the Zap.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I feel like we are really getting there!

How do i configure the DocuSign template to that the fields come up in the Zap?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ABABAB 

Feedback from ChatGPT

Configuring a DocuSign template with custom fields that can be used with Zapier involves a few steps. Zapier allows you to automate tasks between different web apps, including DocuSign, by creating workflows triggered by certain events. In this case, you want to use custom fields in your DocuSign template. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to set it up:

Step 1: Create a DocuSign Template

1. Log in to your DocuSign account.

2. Go to the Templates section.

3. Click "Create Template" or select an existing template to edit.

Step 2: Add Custom Fields to the Template

1. Within the template editor, drag and drop the custom fields you need onto the document. These can be text fields, checkboxes, date fields, or any other field type that suits your needs.

2. Click on each custom field to configure its properties. Ensure you give each field a unique name and set any necessary validation or formatting options.

3. Save the changes to your template.

Step 3: Integrate DocuSign with Zapier

1. Log in to your Zapier account or create one if you haven't already.

2. Click "Make a Zap" to create a new Zap (Zapier automation).

3. For the trigger app, search for and select the app or service that will trigger the use of your DocuSign template. This could be a CRM, email service, form submission tool, etc.

4. Configure the trigger event. This will depend on your specific use case and the app you selected.

5. Follow the Zapier prompts to test and set up your trigger.

Step 4: Configure the DocuSign Action

1. For the action app, search for and select "DocuSign."

2. Choose the action event you want to perform. In this case, you might select "Create Envelope from Template."

3. Connect your DocuSign account to Zapier by providing the necessary credentials.

4. Configure the template to use. Choose the DocuSign template you created earlier.

5. Map the custom fields from your trigger app to the corresponding custom fields in the DocuSign template. This is where you link the data from your trigger event to populate the custom fields in your document.

6. Set up any additional actions or conditions as needed for your workflow.

7. Test the Zap to make sure it's working as expected.

8. Turn on the Zap to start automating the process of populating and sending documents with your custom fields.

That's it! With these steps, you've configured a DocuSign template with custom fields that can be populated and sent using Zapier whenever a specific trigger event occurs in another app or service. Make sure to adjust the details according to your specific needs and the exact fields and data you want to use.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thats so helpful thank you Troy

It will involve upgrading my Docusign package, but we can do that

Thanks again for taking the time to post

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s amazing @ABABAB! Thanks to Troy for pointing you in the in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ABABAB 

DocuSign Template Field “Data Label” help: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gmi1660583110357&topicId=yis1665092718418.html&_LANG=enus