Question

How do I create an asset in Autotask?

• 4 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to find a way to use a trigger in Monday.com to create an asset or “Configuration Item” in Autotask and then sync data between the 2 platforms. I can’t seem to find it in the pre-built options, and I tried to stumble my way though the custom actions, with no success. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @speters 

Which app couldn’t you find an available step?

• Monday Zap trigger?
  • Autotask Zap action?

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your response. I couldn’t find an action for creating a new asset in Autotask, but I wanted to make sure there isn’t a simple solution that I’m just missing.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@speters 

Check the Autotask API: https://ww1.autotask.net/help/DeveloperHelp/Content/Search.htm?q=asset

I didn’t see anything named “Asset”.

Provide screenshots from Autotask to give us context about what you mean by Asset.

I believe in the API documentation it’s called ConfigurationItem

I’m including a screenshot of the section of Autotask for Assets. I don’t have anything listed at the moment, as I’m using a trial version

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@speters 

If there is not an available action, then the Autotask API would likely have to be used via one of these advanced approaches:

• Custom Action
  • API Request

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@speters 

You can also try reaching out to Autotask Support for possible help in determining the feasibility of performing that action in their Zap app integration.