Question

How do I create a Zap to sync new CompanyCam projects with opportunities in LeadConnector/GoHighlevel?

• 24 September 2023
  • 12 replies

What I am trying to accomplish In CompanyCam when a project is created is that it creates an opportunity in LeadConnector and or Go Highlevel. I tried to set it up this way but it did not work, so I assumed that maybe I would need to connect CompanyCam to Google Drive, then connect Google Drive to LeadConnector for the creation of a new opportunity that would also populate the photos inside that opportunity. However I have not been successful in creating this ZAP. I know this is possible, I have seen it done in JobProgress, JobNimbus and other platforms as well. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RRR_2023 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I created a TANGO of the steps in each trigger and action

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RRR_2023 

Can you post screenshots of the encountered errors?

OBSERVATION

The dynamic variables mapped for First Name and Last Name may be invalid and may need to be remapped from Step 1 due to the black ( ! ) icon.

I am not sure I am following you here. Everything works from when a project is created in Company Cam it then creates a folder inside of Google Drive, while simultaneously creates an opportunity inside of my pipeline in LeadConnector (Go Highlevel). The problem I am having is that the photos that are uploaded into Company Cam are not loaded into the Google Drive folder nor the new opportunity created in LeadConnector or Go Highlevel, whichever one you want to call it. I am not sure what else I can tell you to help assist me in this matter. I know that platforms such as Job Progress, and JobNimbus and Acculynx have an integration where when you start a project inside of company cam the photos that are. loaded there also sync up with the lead/client inside the CRM making it easy to where you only need to do everything inside the CRM. The CRM is Go Highlevel and it is for a roofing company. I hope this makes sense? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RRR_2023 

You would need to add Zap steps to upload the files to GDrive.

This still does not help me populate the opportunity created inside Go Highlevel as far as the photos coming through from Company Cam. Honestly, if it can be done without Google Drive I am ok with that. Can you show me how to do this, maybe in an SOP?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RRR_2023,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Just to clarify, are you trying to attach an image file to your GoHighLevel/LeadConnector step? If so, I believe you would need a custom field for the file field. Could you please confirm if the file field is present in your GoHighLevel/LeadConnector app?

Please keep us posted! 

Yes it does have a file upload field 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RRR_2023,

Thanks for confirming!

Could you please try deleting your current GoHighLevel/LeadConnector account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/leadconnector. After that, please create a new connection.

Then, head over to the GoHighLevel/LeadConnector action step and click on “Refresh fields” button and see if it’ll show the “Images” field in the GoHighLevel/LeadConnector action step.

Please keep us posted!

It does not show the image field, I have deleted the LeadConnector connection and reinstalled the API key then refreshed the fields and it did not show an images field.

This is super frustrating because I know this can be done, I just need some extra help I suppose.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @RRR_2023! 👋

From what I can tell the issue is that the Zap is able to create the folder and the opportunity, but you need it to also upload an image into the Google Drive folder it creates and also upload the image into LeadConnector. Am I understanding that correctly? 

Upload image to Google Drive:
You’ll need to add an Upload File (Google Drive) action, after the Create Folder (Google Drive) action. This will allow the Zap to upload the image passed from the CompanyCam trigger. To ensure you’re uploading the image to the correct Google Drive folder, in the Folder field you’ll need to select the Custom tab and then choose the ID field from the previous Google Drive action. For example:
8ffd819fff19c0290431fc0d222e4845.png

For multiple images: 
The Upload File action only uploads a single file. If you need to upload multiple images you’d need to put the Upload File action after the LeadConnector action, and inside a Looping by Zapier action. This would allow you to loop through a list of images that are supplied by CompanyCam and upload each into the relevant Google Drive folder. You can find out more about how to use loops here: Loop your Zap actions ​​​​​​

Upload image to LeadConnector:
It doesn’t look like the Images field is one of the standard fields available when adding/updating an Opportunity. Am I correct in that this was a custom field that was created in your LeadConnector account?

Asking as I spotted that custom fields aren’t fully supported so not all custom fields may be available to use within LeadConnector actions. Let me know if it is a custom field as there’s a feature request to have custom fields supported so we can add your vote to that! 

To get around this in the meantime, I wonder if you might be able to use LeadConnector’s API Request (Beta) action to create the opportunity and add the image to LeadConnector that way? It appears that you could use the LeadConnector’s API Create Opportunity endpoint for to create the opportunity and pass the image into that custom Images field. It’s a more advanced option so this may not be an ideal solution if you’re not super comfortable working with API documentation and webhooks. But if it’s something you’re interested in trying out you can learn more about how to set up that sort of action here: Create an API Request in your Zaps

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this!