Question

How do I create a Zap to sync HubSpot property updates to Microsoft Excel?

• 15 January 2024
  • 16 replies

Badge

Hi There,

I’m trying to setup a zap, so that when a property is updated in HubSpot, It automatically updates the corresponding property in the excel sheet. There are both HubSpot properties and custom properties but I’m getting lost. Any Help would be much appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lachie016 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Please elaborate about where you are having issues.

Badge

Based on a conversation I had with Zappier Support, They said I need to do one zap for each property and they can’t be done in one big zap.

The issue is I’m not entirely sure how to set the zap up, If i have the write actions, or process. If you could provide screenshots or a detailed description on how it can be done. That’d be amazing. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

In the Excel Find Row step, the Lookup Column should be selected from the dropdown.

Badge

Thank you. In addition. In the Update Row step. Do I need to match the properties up. If So, Do I Take it from the Trigger (New Deal Change) or do I take it from find row step.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

You would map variables from Step 1 to Step 3.

Badge

Thank you,

I have four associated properties (associated tasks, associated contact, associated company, associated contact ID). How would I get these into the Zap, Where should I place the step in the zap sequence.

Further, I’ve noticed that properties such as Deal Owner, Deal Stage and HubSpot Team are giving me numbers instead of words, Is there a way to fix that (See Screenshots).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

You can add Find Association steps before the last Excel step.

You may need to add HubSpot steps to find by the ID to get the Name.

Available HubSpot Zap triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/hubspot/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Badge

Thank you so much.

Final Question is for:

“The ID of the object you want to search the association” in the find association step.

Do I select from Step 1 or Step 2?

Also, will this zap control everything, Or Do i need to change the variable and do multiple zaps for each variable?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

In the HubSpot Find Associations Zap step, the ID would come from Step 1.

Also, will this zap control everything, Or Do i need to change the variable and do multiple zaps for each variable?

The HubSpot trigger being used only lets you select 1 property to monitor, so you would need separate Zaps for each property.

Badge

This is the setup I have for when there’s an update made to the deal name in HubSpot to Update the Excel row, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Is there something wrong?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

It doesn’t look like the output from Step 3 is mapped to any fields in Step 4.

Badge

Is there a way so that when the update is added to the excel sheet from HubSpot, it stays as the date rather than the number its presented. 

Also, what is the best way to get the contact name not the contact ID. I have it setup to retrieve contact name but it keeps giving me contact ID.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

Help article about formatting dates/times: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/format-numbers-as-dates-or-times-418bd3fe-0577-47c8-8caa-b4d30c528309

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016

Also, what is the best way to get the contact name not the contact ID. I have it setup to retrieve contact name but it keeps giving me contact ID.

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with a specific example.

Badge

the setup is the same as the Zap screenshots provided above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lachie016 

Pointing this out again as it may be the reason why you are seeing ID numbers instead of the field values.

It doesn’t look like the output from Step 3 is mapped to any fields in Step 4.

For example, if in step 3 you are finding the Deal Owner, then the mapped variable should show 3. to indicate it’s mapped from step 3.