Best answer

How do I create a Zap to send a Slack notification when someone posts on LinkedIn?

• 3 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

We have a Slack channel for industry updates and would love the ability to have a Zap that auto shares the posts from pages/people we select into the slack channel. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by SamB 3 May 2023, 11:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bams, welcome to the Community!

I did some checking and it seems the LinkedIn app doesn’t have any triggers available at the moment. I did find an existing feature request for a “New Company Update” trigger to be added which would allow you to trigger a Zap when there’s an update, which is already being discussed over here:

So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. I can’t make any promises around when that trigger would be added to the LinkedIn app but we’ll be sure to notify you by email the minute it is!

As a workaround, do you happen to get email notifications for the updates you’re looking to share on Slack?

If yes, you could perhaps use an email parsing app, like our Email Parser by Zapier app, as the trigger for the Zap. So you’d trigger on those email notifications from LinkedIn and use Slack’s Send Channel Message action to share them. If that sounds like it could work for you I’d recommend reading our Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails guide to learn more about how to set up Email Parser.

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please do let us know whether you’re able to implement that workaround or find an alternative solution! 🙂