Best answer

How do I create a Zap to notify Slack when Salesforce Ideas of a certain status are a year old?

• 14 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello all, 

I am trying to create some automation that uses items raised via Salesforce Ideas. 

Unfortunately I recently learnt that IdeaComment has a bug and cannot be used, but something else I want to achieve is proving quite difficult, I wanted to see if any of the community users had achieved it or had any suggestions.

When an idea is raised, I want to create a Zap when ideas of a certain status are a year old to Slack, to notify our team. It seems simple but I am struggling with a good way to do it, delaying the Zap seems somewhat risky given its a year!

All suggestions welcomed, I am stumped. 

Kind regards, Joe

icon

Best answer by ken.a 14 August 2023, 11:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @J0e,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I'm sorry to share that currently, our Delay by Zapier app doesn't support delaying a Zap for a whole year. However, we've got an ongoing feature request to extend the delay period beyond 30 days. I've gone ahead and added you to the list of users who are interested in this feature.

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Meanwhile, if you're looking to delay a Zap for more than 30 days, we've got a neat workaround involving Google Calendar. Check out the step-by-step instructions in this detailed Community post:

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Thanks for your help, a delay is not really the desired approach too. 

I spoke with support, ideacomment has a bug it seems :(