Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I create a Zap that triggers when any of multiple Squarespace forms are filled out?

• 27 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello! I have form blocks set up on multiple pages of my Squarespace website that serve the same purpose. (It’s my newsletter sign up). I want to be able to trigger the same sequence if anyone fills out any of the forms, without having to have a dozen zaps (as it appears I cannot create an “or” type statement within the trigger step). The best case would be able to say “if ‘form a’ or ‘form b’ or ‘form c’… are filled out” and then proceed into the actions. 

I’ve checked out sub-zaps, but I’m not seeing how to make this work.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gardenrestored 

Good question.

Here’s an approach to try.

Zaps can be chained together using Webhooks to create a MANY:1 relationship.

Zap 1

1 Zap per SS form that is structured like this:

1. Trigger: Squarespace - New Form Submission
  2. Action: Webhook - POST
    1. Use the webhook URL generate from Zap 2, Step 1

Zap 1

1. Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
    1. This will generate the unique webhook URL to use in Zap 1, Step 2
  2. Action: ???

NOTE: This approach will also use less Tasks than using Sub-Zaps.

Hi @gardenrestored 

Good question.

Here’s an approach to try.

Zaps can be chained together using Webhooks to create a MANY:1 relationship.

Zap 1

Zap 1

1. Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
    1. This will generate the unique webhook URL to use in Zap 1, Step 2
  2. Action: ???

NOTE: This approach will also use less Tasks than using Sub-Zaps.

Thank you for this! To clarify, this will work even though in the trigger of Zap 1, I am required to only choose one form? I’m not able to set the trigger based on any form being submitted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gardenrestored 

You will need to create 1 “Zap 1” per form so you establish a MANY: 1 relationship sending each of the forms to Zap 2.

Zap 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gardenrestored 

If you need help configuring the Zaps, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

Got it - thank you! I was hoping to not have to create a zap for each form. I’ll just adjust my website set up so I use one form. 

Will definitely reach out in the future if I need additional support. Thank you much 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @gardenrestored! 👋

Just wanted to pop in here as spotted we have an open feature request with the Squarespace app’s New Form Submission trigger to allow it to trigger for multiple forms. That seems to be exactly what you’re after here so I’ve added your vote to that feature request. I can’t make any promises as to when it might become possible to trigger on form submissions across multiple forms in a single Zap, but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is!

Until then, the workaround you’ve come up with of updating your website to use a single form seems like a great approach to try! 🙂

Hi @gardenrestored! 👋

Just wanted to pop in here as spotted we have an open feature request with the Squarespace app’s New Form Submission trigger to allow it to trigger for multiple forms. That seems to be exactly what you’re after here so I’ve added your vote to that feature request. I can’t make any promises as to when it might become possible to trigger on form submissions across multiple forms in a single Zap, but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is!

Until then, the workaround you’ve come up with of updating your website to use a single form seems like a great approach to try! 🙂

Thank you very much 😊