Question

How do I create a Zap that syncs Shopify customer account status to Pipedrive?

We are trying to sync the status of the customers account in shopify to a field in Pipedrive.

eg: Classic account invite sent

Has a classic account

No classic account

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Marc Diamond 

Can you please clarify your question?

In our shopify B2B store customers have to be verified to gain access to wholesale pricing. 

Their account status: see attached 

Has a classic account

No classic account

We would like a field in Pipedrive to reflect the current status. So if an account activates after an invite was sent we would see that updated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Marc Diamond 

Have you tried these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Shopify - Updated Customer
  2. Action: Filter
  3. Action: Pipedrive - Find/Create Person
  4. Action: Pipedrive - Update Person

I’m new to building zaps, but will give it a try. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Marc Diamond! 👋

Just checking in to see how you got on with Troy’s set up suggestion here. Were you able to get the Zap set up and working are desired? Let us know if you still need some help here! 🙂

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it set up. Any help would be appreciated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Marc Diamond - where are you getting stuck? It’s helpful to see a printscreen (with any personal info removed!) of your build so far so that we can better look at what is causing the issue. 

We hope you stick with it, I know building your first few Zaps can be intimidating but I promise it gets easier! 

Best-

Rachael

Honestly, I’m lost. We are trying to update shopify account status...see attached shopify 1 to Pipedrive organization field shopify status...see attached Pipedrive zap 2. 

In our shopify B2B store customers have to be verified to gain access to wholesale pricing. 

Their account status: can be

Has a classic account

No classic account

We would like a field in Pipedrive to reflect the current status. So if an account activates after an invite was sent we would see that updated. 

Best,

Marc

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing some details on where you’re getting stuck, @Marc Diamond. 🙂

I did some digging and couldn’t find any sort of “account status” field with the Updated Customer trigger that would indicate whether the customer has had an invite, is on a classic or non-classic Shopify account. Is the account status field a metafield? If so there’s an existing feature request I’d be happy to add you to, if that’s the case. Just let me know if it is and I’ll get your vote added.

In the meantime, there’s a Tags field available with the Updated Customer trigger. So I’m wondering if you could add a tag in Shopify to denote whether a customer has a classic or non-classic account. In which case you could use a filter in the Zap to check whether a specific tag has been added, preventing the Zap from continuing if a certain tag hasn’t been applied. Do you think that approach could work? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Did you get a chance to see my attachments?

Do you have a customer service #?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes, I did indeed see the attachments here @Marc Diamond. Although, it was a bit hard to tell whether the account status values like “Classic account invite sent” are stored in a metafield which if they are, might have explained why I couldn’t see any trace of an account status in the fields returned by Shopify’s Updated Customer trigger.

I don’t have a customer service number I can provide you with. But it looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

“I understand your request to have a field in Pipedrive that shows the current status. This way, if an account is activated after an invite is sent, the field will be updated to reflect the change.

To configure your action step on PipeDrive Please follow the steps below:

1. Choose the event as "Update Person"
  2. Configure the "Update Person" action by mapping the fields:
  • Search and select the Pipedrive person associated with the Shopify customer
  • Set the "Verification Status" field to "Verified" (or "Not Verified") based on the customer's verification status in Shopify.

3. Test the action to ensure it's updating the person's record in Pipedrive as expected.”

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with this! 🙂 

Hi, 

We are still hoping to get an answer on this:

Is there a way to automate the displaying Shopify account status or updates, such as "Has a classic account," "No classic account," or "Account invite sent," within the corresponding field in Pipedrive? If this automation is possible through Zapier, what actions should be configured to achieve this integration?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Marc Diamond! 👋

Hmm, yes it looks like the Support team were specifically referencing the part about updating the field in Pipedrive to reflect the current status of the account. I’d recommend continuing the conversation with them to find out whether they know of a way to get the Shopify account status information sent to the Zap so that you can then update the relevant field in Pipedrive.

If the existing Updated Customer trigger for Shopify doesn’t have the account status information you require (e.g. Has a classic account, No classic account or Account invite sent) then our Support team will be able to open up a feature request on your behalf to have that information included.

In the meantime, it may be that you’d need to look into setting up a webhook in Shopify to send over the desired information to the Zap, so it would trigger from that webhook, allowing the Zap update the relevant field in Pipedrive accordingly. Webhooks are an advanced feature and I couldn’t see from the webhook documentation on Shopify whether they’re able to send the account status for a customer when it’s changed but this may be something you might want to explore further. 

Keen to know whether you’re able to get this working using webhooks or find a different solution, so please do keep us updated on how you get on!

I’m still waiting to hear back from Jonathan. I’m sorry, didn't understand webhooks. We would like to find someone to confirm this is possible and pay them to implement it. Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No need to be sorry here, @Marc Diamond! Webhooks are a bit more complicated than the usual Zap setup. And as they’re quite advanced they won’t always good fit for everyone, I just thought it worth suggesting that option just in case!

I’m not seeing any open Support tickets linked to your account with any Jonathan here, so I can’t check on whether they’ve sent a response to you yet. Did you reach out to Support again under a different Zapier account perhaps? At any rate, if you’re wanting to have someone fully look into what’s possible with Shopify’s API and setup a webhook on your behalf, it may be worth enlisting the help of a certified Zapier Expert.

There’s plenty of talented folks in our Zapier Expert directory that could potentially help with that. 🙂

Appreciate the help. Is it possible to just get an answer from Zapier. This seems like a simple question. Is this possible or not? If not I’ll need to revisit later. I just don't have the time to go back and forth. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s totally understandable, @Marc Diamond. To know whether using Shopify’s webhooks would definitely give you the account status information you require, it might be better to ask Shopify’s support team directly. They’ll have the best knowledge on what information their API is capable of sending via a webhook. 

Please do keep us posted on what you find out with them!