Question

How do I create a Zap that every day looks up the next row in Google sheets?

• 31 December 2023
  • 1 reply

How do I create a Zap that every day looks up the next row in Google sheets?

I have a work-around that is a bit too complicated and I’m hoping for a simple and effective way with less than 3 steps.

To give you an example of a use case, I have a Google spreadsheet with motivational quotes on each row, and every day I want to send the next quote to Gmail. I don’t want to send the very latest quote at the bottom of the list, or a random quote from the list, only the next quote in the list.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Poison-Dart,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Sunday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

To achieve this, I would recommend adding a date column in your Google Sheets and adding the dates in each row/quote so we can fetch the quote every day using the Lookup Spreadsheet Row action.

The date format should be like this:

9aeaaf4918519082c9d5c8ca601cb9d9.png
(view larger)

Next, kindly set up your workflow like this:

• Trigger: Every Day in Schedule by Zapier
  • Action: Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets — kindly set the Date column as the Lookup Column and Pretty Date from the Schedule trigger as the Lookup Value (this will fetch the quote that you can send to Gmail)
  • Action: Send Email in Gmail

Kindly give this a try and let's see if this will work as you intended.

I hope this will help, and please let me know if you have any clarifications or other concerns. I'm happy to help!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.