Question

How do I create a Zap on a Facebook post to an Instagram account?

So, apparently you can’t Zap a Facebook post to a Instagram acct. Does anyone know how to do this? Please help

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Squirmy1970 

You can use Buffer.com Zapier connection to post Facebook page posts to Instagram.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Squirmy1970! Thanks for reaching out in community - we’re glad to have you! 🎉

I noticed you were able to chat with my friends in support and they had some recommendations for you using custom API requests.

If you’re looking for something a bit more “click and go” there are social media management apps that could also serve a similar purpose! Buffer is one of them, as Rob mentioned, and does have a free plan!

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

I hope some of this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 🤗 !

Rob & Christina, thanks for the advice!

However, still having issues. Seems like every time I find a possible solution, another obstacle pops up. 😕

I think Buffer is the way to go, but when I try to connect my Instagram acct, it doesn’t appear as one i can connect. Any advice?

Maybe describing my particular situation and social accts might help?…

Facebook: I have my main profile (personal, I guess) with my business page (Chuck Harris Real Estate) and Facebook group (Charlotte Jeep Club) under that.

Instagram: I have a personal acct/profile, a business acct (Chuck Harris Real Estate), and another business acct (Charlotte Jeep Club)

The Instagram acct I want to connect with Buffer is the Charlotte Jeep Club acct. (Facebook connected fine, as best I can tell.) But like I said, when I go to the connect function in Buffer and try to connect the Instagram-Charlotte Jeep Club acct, it doesn’t show. The only one that does show is the Chuck Harris Real Estate

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Squirmy1970,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Sometimes Zapier will try to auto-connect to an app if you're also logged into that App on your browser now.

Could you please try connecting your Instagram account on an incognito browser to see if it’ll use the correct account?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi ken.a,
Thanks for helping with this! My apologies, my previous post was referring to Buffer not recognizing my Instagram acct. (I’d prefer to use Zapier anyway.)

However, I’m still having issues with Zapier as well. My Instagram account seems to be recognized by Zapier, but I guess there is something wrong in the Zap set-up. Can you advise? Should there be text or Data in the Body field? If so, I have no idea what/how to put there.

Attached are screen shots that might help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Squirmy1970,

It looks like you’re using the “API Request (Beta)”. Please note that the “API Request (Beta)” action is an advanced feature so our support is limited. That said, here are our help articles regarding this:

Additionally, we have a forum category where our amazing members share and collaborate about this. You can find it here: Code & Webhooks

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊