Skip to main content
Question

How do I create a Zap in Salesforce and Google Calendar to prevent continuous looping on date changes and updates?

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I have several zaps running that are triggered when date fields are added or updated on SFDC records.

The zaps will create new or update existing google events on a shared google calendar.

I'm trying to find the best way to update the date fields in SFDC if someone on our team moves the event date in google calendar and not in SFDC. I also don't want it to continuously loop.

My thought was

1. Trigger when a a new google calendar event is created or updated

2. Filter - Only continue if

a: the google calendar event create date is before "today"
    OR
    b: the google calendar event last updated date is before "today" (this would be to prevent looping from events that were created or updated from SFDC existing zaps set to trigger on date changes)

3. Find Record in SFDC

4. Update date field in SFDC

After the date field in SFDC is updated by this Zap in step 4, the zaps I already have setup in SFDC to trigger when date fields on SFDC records are updated should fire and handle the rest of the updates needed.

What I'm struggling with is how to create the filter after step 1 so that it only continues if the Google Calendar event was NOT:

a: created today
OR
b. updated today.

I've been attempting to use "Only continue if":

1. Created - (Date/time) "Before" = "Today"
    OR
    2. Updated - (Date/time) "Before" = "Today"

But am getting issues.  Ideally it would be Created OR Updated Date/Time “is not” “Today” but “is not” isn’t an operator.

The record I'm working with was created/updated today , so changing the operators to:

Created (Date/time) = Today
OR
Updated Date/Time=Today
for testing purposes.

Results:

The test record were created and updated today and it's not allowing them to proceed?

TEST RECORD

Created: 2023-11-07 13:28:08

ITEMS THAT DIDN’T MATCH
📷Created:2023-11-07T05:11:14.000Z
📷Updated:2023-11-07T15:39:05.895Z

Why is it showing that the dates don’t match when they’re all showing 2023-11-07?

Anyone have a better way to do this? Thx!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @clmbrva 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Filter step conditions are configured?